This copyright policy sets out how users are permitted to use our content and also explains the types of use that require the purchase of additional licences. This policy forms part of our terms and conditions. Thank you for reading this policy: our ability to invest in high quality journalism depends on our users complying with it. We reserve the right to change our copyright policy from time to time by publishing an updated policy on FTB.help, which shall become effective and replace any previous policy with effect from publication. This version of the copyright policy was published on 13 March 2021.
What is copyright?
Copyright law gives the copyright owner the exclusive right to control the use of copyright protected works. All of the material published on our website and other digital/wireless platforms is protected by copyright law and should only be used as set out in the “How may I use FTB.help content?” section below. Use that is made without our permission may therefore infringe our copyright which can result in personal and corporate liability. Where we state below that something is not allowed or permitted, then to do so is a breach of our terms and conditions: that is, it is a breach of contract, and may also violate copyright law.
How may I use FTB.help content?
You may do the following:
- View our content for your personal use on any device that is compatible with FTB.help (this might be your PC, laptop, smartphone, tablet or other mobile device) and store our content on that device for your personal use;
- Print single copies of articles on paper for your personal use;
- Share links to articles by using any sharing tools we make available.
How may I republish or redistribute FTB.help content?
Except as set out above, you may not copy First Time Buyer Help content from FTB.help or any third party source of First Time Buyer Help content such as news aggregators and you may not republish or redistribute full text articles, for example by pasting them into emails or republishing them in any media, including websites, newsletters or intranets.
We recognise that users of the Internet want to share information with others. We therefore permit limited republishing and redistribution of First Time Buyer Help content as set out below provided that this does not create a Substitute for FTB.help’s own products or services. We define a Substitute as a product or service that reduces the need for users or other third parties to pay for First Time Buyer Help content directly, or which creates revenue from the FTB.help’s content to the detriment of FTB.help’s own ability to generate revenues from that content.
As long as you do not create a Substitute, you may do the following:
- Publish online, the original First Time Buyer Help headline and a link to the article and the first 140 characters of an article (what we call teaser text);
- Forward the original headlines, links and teaser text to other individuals;
- Download our RSS feeds and view them for your personal use. We currently publish headlines and teaser text within our RSS feeds. You may also make an RSS feed available to third parties, users within an organisation you work for or users of a website that you publish, on condition that you comply with the restrictions set out below.
The restrictions that apply to use of our RSS feeds are that you:
- only publish the feed for access via a web-based browser.
- do not use or publish the feed as part of a paid for service or for other commercial gain.
- publish the feed as it is made available on FTB.help, so that you only include the headline and teaser content, and ensure that the headline links back to the full text article on FTB.help.
- attribute the feed to the First Time Buyer Help as “© First Time Buyer Help [year]”.
- do not archive the feed or any of its content.
- comply with our guidelines on usage of First Time Buyer Help logos.
How am I allowed to link to FTB.help content?
If you would like to link to FTB.help, please read and comply with the following guidelines and all applicable laws. A site or service that links to FTB.help:
- may display an First Time Buyer Help logo (view our brand guidelines) to indicate the source of the link, but must not otherwise use any First Time Buyer Help trade marks without permission from First Time Buyer Help;
- must not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the First Time Buyer Help logo;
- may link to the homepage of FTB.help, and, provided that you comply with this copyright policy, may also link to other pages of FTB.help;
- must not be a Substitute (as defined above);
- must not in any way imply that First Time Buyer Help is endorsing it or its products or services;
- must not misrepresent its relationship with First Time Buyer Help or present false information about First Time Buyer Help;
- must not be a site or service that infringes any intellectual property or other right of any person or that otherwise does not comply with all relevant laws and regulations; and
- must not be a site or service that contains content that could be construed as distasteful or offensive.